Google Drive received a handful of small updates to make it easier to find, organize, and view files on Drive.
Here is what's new?
- "Search by person: Google Drive search now auto-completes people's names, making it easier to find the stuff you're looking for.
- View Google Earth map files: You can now open, preview, and interact with Google Earth files (.kml and .kmz) right inside Google Drive on the web.
- Drag and drop folders in Chrome: If you're using Chrome, you can drag and drop entire folders from your desktop to Drive on the web (at drive.google.com).
- Search includes items in your trash: Sometimes files you are looking for accidentally end up in your trash, so now search results include files there too.
- Create new folders while organizing files: Now when you select files in your Drive list, in addition to adding them to an existing folder, you can add directly to a new folder," informs Google.
In addition to above update, Google has also added some tools to make it easier for Google Apps administrators to manage Google Drive for their domain include:
- "Remotely install Drive on Windows computers: Remotely install Drive on many Windows machines at once using the Drive .MSI Installer for Windows.
- License Manager API: If you have hundreds or thousands of people using Google Drive at your domain, use this API to streamline and automate your storage management tasks.
- Bulk upload and assign storage: Add all users at once by uploading one CSV file for easily scalable license assignment.
- Search for users: Assign or change storage for a particular user by searching for their name," Google added.
Also, Google Sets that allowed you to generate lists of similar items by just typing a few examples dicontinued last year are still available as a Google Sheets feature.
"Create a new spreadsheet in Google Drive, type mazda in A1 and honda in A2 (the first column), highlight the two cells and then press Ctrl (or Option for Mac) while clicking and dragging the small blue box from the lower-right corner to select additional cells where to place the Google Sets results."
Google Sets included 22 new car brands: BMW, Ford, Toyota and many others. You can also use Google Sets to quickly generate lists of dog breeds, U2 songs, French writers, tech sites and more.