Rose Yao, Mac Product Manager has announced Google Desktop For Mac on official google blog.
Here is what he says:
It seems like just yesterday that I was announcing the Google Mac blog. Since then, we’ve been working hard to deliver great products for Google users on Mac, including MacFUSE and Google Earth. Today, I’m really excited to let you know that Google Desktop is now available on the Mac! A lot of your most important data doesn’t live on the web — it lives on your Mac and in web services. And since Google is a search company, we’re committed to helping you find all of that information.
Here are my top 5 reasons to try the Mac version of Desktop.
- It’s as fast and easy to use as Google.com.
- It’s comprehensive. Not only can you search the files on your Mac, you can now search your web history and your Gmail emails even when you’re offline.
- It’s changed the way I use my Mac. We designed the Quick Search Box to be a great launcher for applications and files, which means I no longer have a million icons on my desktop and in my dock.
- It’s saved me hours. Really! Haven’t you ever accidentally closed or deleted a file you’ve been working on? Or typed “rm -rf” when you didn’t mean to? Now you can just search for the file with Google Desktop and recover all the text content you’ve lost.
- We need your help! This is our first beta of Google Desktop for the Mac and we worked hard to create it; now we need your feedback to help to make it even better.
Source:→ Google Blog
Google, Apple, Mac, Google Desktop, Google Desktop For Mac, Announced, Released