Google Cloud Platform Partner Program introduced today, provides partners with the tools, training and resources they need to successfully address business' IT needs.
"Cloud is core to everything we do here at Google. In the last decade, we've invested in building an infrastructure that can serve 4 billion hours of video every month, support 425 million Gmail users and store 100 petabytes of web index, and it's growing every day," google stated.
The Google Cloud Platform partner program has two types of partners.
Service Partners provide consulting and implementation services on various Google Cloud Platform products. You can use their knowledge and expertise to develop applications like: Business apps; Mobile apps; and Social apps.
Technology Partners provide tools that integrate with Google's platform or use one of our services as a foundation for their products.
- "Google Compute Engine technology partners offer a rich set of management services that help you configure and manage applications running on Google's infrastructure.
- Google BigQuery technology partners enable you to import data from a wide range of existing on-premise and cloud data sources into BigQuery, as well as build rich, visually interactive dashboards on top of BigQuery.
- Google Cloud Storage technology partners have integrated Google Cloud Storage directly into their offerings to provide you with active archiving, backup and recovery, and primary storage solutions," informs Google.
Those interested can contact a Google Cloud Platform partner directly to know about the Platform.
Google also announced the following features now available to domains including Google Apps, Google Apps for Business, Government and Education:
- Documents: Users will have the ability to edit documents and leave comments offline. You must be running the latest version of Chrome or ChromeOS and install the Google Drive Chrome app to edit offline.
- Drive: Google Drive automatically deletes versions of files when they're older than 30 days or there are more than 100 previous versions of the same file. A new feature allows Drive users to specify that certain revisions should be kept forever.
And, the following feature intended for release to these domains on July 31st:
- Documents: Users will have the ability to create documents offline. You must be running the latest version of Chrome or ChromeOS and install the Google Drive Chrome app to use this feature.
Google is also testing a new feature for its Knowledge on the search pages sidebar: a link that let you "explore more". The Knowledge Graph section doesn't allow Google to show more than 5 related people, books, albums, movies, so the experiment displays more of them below the search box.
For example, when you search for a movie and click "explore more", Google shows more cast members. You can use the arrow icons to switch to a different category.