Google Catalogs, is a free app for tablet devices that enables you to browse all of your favorite catalogs and interact with new layers of rich-media content. “The Google Catalogs app features digital versions of catalogs across many popular categories, including fashion and apparel, beauty, jewelry, home, kids and gifts,” informs Kinnari Jhaveri, Strategic Partner Development Manager, Google Commerce Team.
“We’ve partnered with a variety of top brands including Anthropologie, Bare Escentuals, Bergdorf Goodman, Bloomingdale’s, Crate and Barrel, L.L. Bean, Lands’ End, Macy’s, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Pottery Barn, Saks Fifth Avenue, Sephora, Sundance Catalog, Tea Collection, Urban Outfitters and Williams-Sonoma, just to name a few,” Jhaveri said.
If you’re a merchant and would like to participate in Google Catalogs, fill out this form.
With Google Catalogs, you can:
- “Interact: Zoom in to see products up close, tap on tags to learn more about an item or, in some catalogs, view inspiring photo albums and videos.
- Find products in nearby stores: When an item catches your eye, instantly find it in a store near you or tap “Buy on Website” to visit the merchant online.
- Express your creativity: Create a collage of your favorite catalog pages and products. If you need inspiration, you can check out collages created by others.
- Share with friends: Email a product or collage to all your shopping buddies.
- Get instant access to new catalogs: Add catalogs to your Favorites and get notified each time a new issue arrives.
- Discover new products and brands: Search for products within or across multiple catalogs to find exactly what you’re looking for,” Jhaveri explained.
You can download the Google Catalogs for iPad from the iTunes App Store.
Google Catalogs for Android tablets will be available soon!
[Source: Google Mobile blog]