Google added a new feature for its Google Apps for Business customers called "Google Apps Vault" (Vault), which allows you to proactively archive, retain, and preserve user email and on the record chats. "It can reduce the costs of litigation, regulatory investigation and compliance actions," informs Google.
"Vault helps protect business with easy-to-use search so you can quickly find and preserve data to respond to unexpected customer claims, lawsuits or investigations. With an instant-on functionality and availability of your data a few clicks away, Vault provides access to all of your Gmail and on-the-record chats and can provide significant savings to your business over the traditional costs of litigation and eDiscovery," explains Jack Halprin, Head of eDiscovery, Google.
Additionally, "Vault gives customers the extended management and information governance capabilities to proactively archive, retain and preserve Gmail and on-the-record chats. With the ability to search and manage data based on terms, dates, senders, recipients and labels, Vault helps you find the information you need, when you need it," said Halprin.
"Vault gives management, IT, legal and compliance users a systemized, repeatable and defensible platform that will reduce the costs and risks of doing business. With just a few clicks, the business can access a service designed for security and providing auditable access to critical information," Halprin added.
Google Apps Vault is availble for an additional $5 per user per month.
Also, the following features are now available to domains:
- Gmail: If Gmail detects suspicious activity, the warning above the search box is now "sticky" and cannot be dismissed
- Gmail: The Gmail loading bar has received a visual refresh, inline with the New Look
- Gmail: Users who prefer text buttons rather than icons will be able to change this in "Settings."
And, the features mentioned under are intended for release to these domains on Apr 3:
- Gmail: New look released to all users. Opt-out link will be removed starting April 3rd and continue throughout the week
- Gmail: Learn why a message was flagged as spam
- Gmail: Google+ email notifications become interactive- add users to circles directly in Gmail messages