Google has released a new version 2.5 of the Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook.
Available for Google Apps for Business, Government and Education in all 26 languages supported by the plugin, it comes with the following improvements:
Synchronization Status dialog now includes Notes: The Synchronization Status dialog now includes status of Outlook Notes syncing with Google Docs. (This is the dialog that opens when you first start Outlook. You can also open it from the Google Apps Sync menu in your Windows system tray.)
You can download by visiting this page. If the plugin is already installed, then it will auto-update to the new version.
Also, Google Apps administrators can now manage the rollout of Gmail's new look to their users on Google Apps, Google Apps for Business, Government and Education.
"To assist with this, a new checkbox is now available in the administrator control panel giving administrators the ability to make the new look the default for all their users immediately. Administrators cannot revert this change, but individual users can temporarily switch back to the old look," revealed Google.
You can give your users all the information they need to make a smooth transition to the new look by visiting our Google Apps Learning Center, where you'll find ready-to-use guides, presentations, and videos on the new look for Gmail as well as other services.
How to access what's new: In the administrator control panel, click on 'Settings', then 'Email' and scroll down to the section 'New look for Gmail' to see the new option.
For more information, you read this help center article.
Google Apps, Google Apps for Business, Government and Education can now create more responsive Applications with Client Handlers and Validators in Google Apps Script.
- Using Client Handlers, your application can now respond to events in the browser without the need to perform a round trip to Google Apps Script servers.
- Support for validators in handlers. Validators allow handlers to check simple and complex conditions before they are invoked.
Finally, a new version of the Google Apps Directory Sync tool is now available for Google Apps, Google Apps for Business, Government and Education with the following improvements:
- Added the ability to synchronize only passwords that have changed since the previous sync.
- Added the option to prevent a sync from suspending/deleting admin accounts not found in the LDAP server.
- Improved performance of the sync simulation UI.
- Added support for Base64-encoded passwords.
- Logs are now encoded in UTF-8 by default to support non-ISO characters.
- The logging level menu now displays options in decreasing order of verbosity.
- Added logging for suspended accounts that are not deleted because of the current configuration.
You can download the updated Google Apps Directory Sync tool here.