Version 4.5 of Google Apps Connector for BlackBerry Enterprise Server is now available with the following improvements to Google Apps for Business, Government and Education:
- Support for automatic user password generation in BlackBerry Administration Service (BAS)
- New Configuration Settings page for easier enablement of common optional features, such as send-as and read-receipt support
- Performance, reliability, and stability improvements Resolved issues that caused PST file corruption
- Google Apps Connector attempts to repair any remaining corruptions automatically. Miscellaneous bug fixes
Also, Contacts delegation now available for Google Apps, Google Apps for Business, Government and Education users allows users to delegate full access to the contacts in their "My Contacts" group without granting access to their mail or anything else in their accounts.
You may delegate your contacts only to other users within your domain. Like mail delegation, you may delegate your contacts to no more than 25 other users at the same time. Delegation allows the sharing of the entire "My Contacts" list only. You cannot delegate a subset of your "My Contacts" or delegate contacts not in your "My Contacts."
How to access what's new:
- Navigate to www.google.com/contacts
- The "More" menu now has a "Manage delegation settings" option