"While you can use the current library to start writing code, you should use caution when writing production code as library code changes may break your application. Beta will follow soon."
Here is an example:
You can load the client library using the following script tag:
Loading an API and making a request is as easy as executing::
gapi.client.load('API_NAME', 'API_VERSION', CALLBACK); // Returns a request object which can then be executed. // METHOD_NAME is only available once CALLBACK runs. var request = gapi.client.METHOD_NAME(PARAMETERS_OBJECT); request.execute(callback);
You can use the APIs Explorer to check all the methods available for an API, as well as the parameters for each method. For instance, use the above syntax with the plus.activities.search method of the Google+ API to query activities.
In other Google news, Google Ads developers blog today released AdMob iOS SDK v5.0.5, that added support for additional Rich Media interstitial ad formats for the iPhone and iPad.
"This update will be forward-compatible with all future interstitial formats. Be sure to get this update if your app relies on interstitial ads because after March 1, 2012, interstitial ads will not be supported on older versions of the SDK," revealed Ads developer team.
In addition to improved support for interstitial ads, this release contains two other noteworthy improvements.
"First, we've increased the accuracy of impression tracking for interstitial ads. Secondly, you'll now receive the error message didFailToReceiveWithError: if you make any additional requests (after the initial request) from a single GADInterstitial object," the team stated.
You can download AdMob iOS SDK v5.0.5 here.
Discover AdWords v201109 - CreateAccountService:
Google has also, introduced today the v201111 version of the DoubleClick for Publishers API.
"v201111 includes some highly-requested features such as full support for mobile ad serving, new creative types including templates, video player environment targeting, reporting updates, and suggested ad units," revealed DFP API Team.
A full list of features can be found on the release notes page.
This week, Google Ads developers team had also released an addition to the v201109 version of the API: "account creation." "The CreateAccountService creates AdWords accounts without login emails (corresponding to the new optional-login feature available in the AdWords UI)," blogged AdWords API Team.
- "The new accounts will be automatically linked to the MCC account used to make the request.
- Google accounts (and therefore login emails) are not created by this service; as a consequence, these newly created client accounts are only accessible via your MCC account.
- Unlike v13 Account objects, these Account objects do not contain any address information.
- The descriptiveName value is not included in the SOAP response, so make sure to record it elsewhere or retrieve it later using the ServicedAccountService.
- It's not possible to specify billing information using this service.
- You can pass more than one operation to the service and create multiple accounts with a single call," stated AdWords API team.