We just got a tip about the next Google Android-powered handset for T-Mobile, yes, the G2. We’re running this as a rumor as it’s definitely not confirmed, but we’d bet on this turning out to be true as opposed to, well, you know… Here’s what our tipster had to say:
- The product specs on the T-Mobile G2 that CellPhoneSignal ran weren’t actually all that far off, just the date was completely wrong.
- The device is a full touch device and there is no physical QWERTY keyboard.
- There is still a trackball at the bottom.
- The launch was delayed from late February to April due to software issues.
- We’ve been informed this device will actually launch on another global carrier besides T-Mobile as well, though they didn’t say who, and they said that the G1, G2, G3, etc., names are trademarks of T-Mobile and the other carrier would have a different product name for the device other than G2.
- There is supposedly (oh, god) a G3 coming not that far after the G2 but our tipster didn’t see the G3.