Google Analytics received a major upgrade that brings new functionalities and features, gradually being released in beta in all accounts.
The new features being added to all accounts includes:
- Advanced Segmentation enables you to isolate and analyze subsets of your traffic. Learn how to create an advanced segment in the video, and in this help center article.
- Custom Reports are reports you create, save, and edit to give you a specific view of your data. Take a look at this quick start guide to Custom Reports and to see a demo, play this video.
- Motion Charts add sophisticated multi-dimensional analysis to most Analytics reports. Select metrics for the x-axis, y-axis, bubble size, and bubble color and view how they interact over time. Take a look at this help center article and watch this video for more information. If you're interesting in putting your own data in motion, you can also use a Motion Chart gadget in Google Spreadsheets or a visualization API.)
- New Account Management Dashboard makes it easier for you to manage and monitor your account by providing simpler navigation between accounts and profiles and displaying a dashboard of key performance metrics upfront upon login.
Features currently in private beta, scheduled for a more gradual full release to all accounts:
- The Data Export API enables you to create software programs and applications using all read-only report level data from Analytics.
- Integrated Reporting with AdSense lets AdSense publishers see their revenue and impression data alongside their site traffic data in Analytics. Take a look at the AdSense blog for more details. This integration will give publishers even more metrics to help them measure visitor activity and the performance of ad units, as well as discover areas of revenue potential on their websites.