Google Affiliate Network Link Builder, a new Chrome extension for affiliate publisher makes creating product links fast and easy.
Publishers have long been able to create links by signing into Affiliate Network and creating a Publisher-specific link (PSL). Now, "the GAN Link Builder enables publishers to create affiliate ads that link directly to unique product pages -- right from an advertiser's website. The extension displays a button in the corner of your browser window. If the advertiser's program supports deep linking, you can easily create a PSL for any product you're viewing by clicking the button," explains Google.
"The extension works entirely by making calls to GAN's public API, and the only requirement is that you be signed in to Chrome with your publisher account. Once loaded, the extension downloads all your advertiser relationships into memory and then recognizes when you have an affiliate relationship with a website you're visiting," Google added.
Here is how to get started:
- "Sign in to Chrome with GAN publisher login and password. Check out this step-by-step process for signing in to Chrome.
- Visit Chrome Web Store and download Google Affiliate Network Link Builder. This will add the icon to your browser.
- Next, visit an advertiser website where you have an existing affiliate relationship and search for a product.
- Found a cool product? Use the extension by clicking on the icon and a pop-up window will prompt you to create a PSL with one click.
- And that's it! Copy the PSL to your clipboard, and you can begin promoting it right away," Google explained.
If you wan to see as an example of how to use Google Affiliate Network's public APIs, the extension's open source code is available here.