In the coming weeks, Google's introducing "click-to-message" ads out of beta which are in test for past several months now. Clicks on message extensions are charged just like a regular click on an headline or extension.
The click-to-text adds the efficiency and effectiveness of messaging to AdWords search ads. When a message extension is set up, users can easily start a text conversation and continue as per their convenience. To start a coversation, users need to tap on the message extension or icon, which then launches their SMS app on phone, with a pre-written message tailored to their interest of product or service.
Google notes, users can edit or delete that messag should they need before sending the SMS.
Through this message extensions format, advertisers can include a call-to action in the extension text, that "help them initiate valuable conversations with their users by tapping into one of their most preferred modes of communication," google writes.
According to Google, Message extensions can be set up at the campaign level and ad group levels and they can be scheduled to appear during certain periods of the day. "Even if you can't return messages immediately on nights or weekends, you might find that you can generate leads and return calls the next day," explains google.
Additionally, advertiser can also use auto-responder to reassure users about when you'll be calling them later.
Benefits of message exgensions include:
- "More exposure with no extra AdWords cost. Adding message extensions to your ad is easy and free—no cost to you.
- Grow your business. Creating message extensions can help you grow your business by making it easy for people to contact you.
- Share extension across ad groups or campaigns. Quickly set up your extensions according to your specific needs. One extension can apply across an ad group or entire campaign," explains google.
Reporting on message extensions is available through Click Type segmentation and in the extensions tab as well.
Google Shopping today announced it has now partnered with ecommerce platforms -- BigCommerce, PrestaShop, and Magento, to make selling online easier than ever this holiday season.
Those using any one of these platforms, or thinking to use any of them, "will now be able to quickly submit their product information in Merchant Center account, helping you reach new shoppers on Google.com and other Google properties," writes google.
Google notes, early testing of the integration, shown impressive results from small businesses, brand new to Google Shopping.
With this technical integration, Google say, advertiser can:
- "Find new customers, right where they're searching. Connect your products to the customers who matter most -- the ones searching for what you sell.
- Easily display your rich product imagery and details. Put your product images, price, and other differentiators front and center, so that searching shoppers can easily find you.
- Get up and running quickly, minimizing your holiday workload. Use the product information you've already entered in your ecommerce platform without needing to submit this information separately to Google.
- Showcase your newest inventory. Roll out new products to Google Shopping, simply by adding products to your ecommerce store," google explains.
Check out this Help Center to get started.
Unfortunately, even for AdSense publishers, there's always the risk of an unauthorized source compromising your secure login credentials.
Google AdSense published some tips to get back your account from an unauthorised accesss as well as to avoid the same issue in the future:
Following triggers help if your account is compromised:
- You've noticed suspicious account activity (for example: there are new users that you haven't granted access to; the payment details have changed without your permission; your security settings have been updated; and your email notification settings have changed).
- You cannot login to your AdSense account.
Follow these steps, your account is compromised.