v201208 of the DFP API released as on Tuesday, August 21, 2012, adds new types of creatives, support for optimization, rich media, and video interaction report columns, along with new options for downloading reports.
A full list of improvements from this release can be found on the release notes page.
Google Ads APIs now support OAuth2. "OAuth2 is an authorization flow that allows you to direct a user to a specially crafted Google URL where they grant permissions to your software to make changes to their account. With an authorized access token, you can make requests to Ads APIs on the user's behalf."
- Users don't need to provide a username and password - they just log into Google.
- No CAPTCHA challenges.
- Limited scope - the user will only be prompted to grant access to a specific part of their account. For example, they could grant access to AdWords without the application being able to see their email or calendar.
Google is now offering organizations using Google Drive storage or Google Maps Coordinate a more streamlined method for managing the licenses using the new "Enterprise License Manager API."
"The API offers a simple and faster way to access the functionality of the License Manager user interface. It can be used to programmatically assign, unassign and re-assign Google Drive storage or Google Maps Coordinate licenses to users in your domain. Google Apps reseller administrators and their customers can also use the API for the same programmatic license assignment," explains Google.
In the Google Apps, Google Apps for Business, Government and Education feature updates:
Spreadsheets: Users now have the ability to name a range in a spreadsheet. You can then protect such a named range instead of protecting the whole sheet. You can also use the name of the range in formulas.
Spreadsheets: Users can now pick the color and style of cell borders. This features is accessible as an added option through the cell borders toolbar button.
The following feature intended for release to these domains on August 28th:
Gmail: 1:1 Video chat in Gmail has been upgraded and will be powered by Google+ Hangouts. ":f both sides have created a Google+ profile you will get the full Hangouts experience including the ability to add up to nine other people to the conversation, screen sharing and integrated Google Docs collaboration."
Also, the login dialog for users who have enabled Single Sign On (SSO) login to Google Apps, but not Google password login has been simplified (shows only one option for entering a password), and the authentication landing page better redirects users back to the Google Apps Sync application.
Google Apps administrators can now use a new feature in the administrator control panel to manage routing and basic filtering of email to on-premise systems as well as email to Google Apps users. These changes are a part of the integration of Postini and Google Apps.
In other Google product news,
A new YouTube Elections Hub, introduce today, as a one-stop live speeches channel for key political moments "from now through the upcoming U.S. election day on November 6."
"You can watch all of the live speeches from the floor of the upcoming Republican and Democratic National Conventions, and watch a live stream of the official Presidential and Vice Presidential debates," google informed.
Check it out YouTube Elections Hub.
Finally, a new Global Business Map on Think Insights launched today, provides a country profile for 48 countries on 6 different continents.
"The country profiles give an overview of fundamental country facts and specific market insights. We have collected those metrics most relevant for uncovering market potential and to help you recognise business opportunities," Google writes.
This guide also provides an introduction to products and tools available at Google, which offers different ways to reach out and connect with target markets. Each country page contains the following data:
- "Basic Facts: official country name, capital, area, top-level domain, official or most spoken language, local currency, age distribution and GDP in terms of purchasing power parity and rank. GDP in each country has been expressed in US Dollars.
- Demographics: Population (total, growth and country rank), a breakdown of the age distribution according to gender and age group, median age.
- Internet statistics: The Internet penetration of the population, the total number of broadband and fixed Internet subscriptions, as found by the International Telecommunications Union.
- Google Contact: The email address that you can use to get in touch with our local representatives. They will be happy to give you more insight into the statistics you can find in the pages here and connect your ideas with the appropriate Google products," Google stated.