Last Thursday Google hosted a mobile site builder product demonstration and broadcasted it live with Hangouts on Air on Think With Google's Google+ page. During the Hangout, Google featured two businesses building mobile-friendly sites in minutes.
Google recently teamed up with DudaMobile to release a free mobile site builder. In three easy steps you're able to get started with mobile: (1) enter your site's URL, (2) customize your site and (3) redirect mobile users automatically to the new mobile-friendly version.
Key takeaways for the Hangouts on Air:
- Understand your mobile user and the content they need, and bring those elements to your mobile-friendly site
- Make it easy for people to contact and find your business
- Remember to paste the auto-redirect code to your desktop site
- Create a mobile-friendly site today with Google's simple and easy-to-use site creation tool
Here is the video:
Also, Google and Nielsen recently conducted six cross-media studies looking at viewership patterns and campaign effectiveness across TV, YouTube and the Google Display Network (GDN). The conclusion? The light TV viewer is more efficiently reached with cross media campaigns on YouTube and the GDN than with TV alone.
"Consumers in this group tend to be younger (49 years old and below), diverse, college-educated, high-income, social-networking, and influential consumers. Our research found that light TV viewers overall averaged only 39 minutes of TV a day. Since this audience watches significantly less TV than the general population, they can be difficult to reach with TV advertising alone," Google posted.
Overall, the results suggest that adding YouTube and the GDN to your TV network campaigns improves effectiveness in several powerful ways, helping to:
- Reach a valuable, complementary, younger audience
- Add much-needed frequency to light TV viewers
- Deliver media more evenly across light and heavy TV viewers, reducing waste
- Do all of this both efficiently and affordably
To learn more about how to reach the lightest TV viewer, download this the full study here.