To help its users know all the things they can do by going Google, the company put together a short video as part of "Gmail ninja" that shows just how easy it is to get things done with Gmail when you are living in the cloud.
Take a look and then share it with one of your friends.
Also, version 3.1 of Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook begin rolling out with the following new features:
- New registry key for hiding the Synchronization Status dialog for new users
- Disabled services are now indicated in the Synchronization Status
- "Error reported" fix
How to access what's new?
- Update Google Apps Sync
- If you installed Google App Sync: Updates are checked for and downloaded to your computer automatically.
- If your administrator installed Google Apps Sync: Updates are downloaded to your computer automatically, if your administrator enables automatic updates.
You can also download the latest version at any time from the Google Apps Sync download page.
- If you have Windows XP: Restart your computer.
- If you have Windows Vista: Restart Microsoft Outlook.
Also, Google today launched the Tony Sale Award for Computer Conservation, to recognise those who have made an outstanding engineering achievement in computing conservation.
The award is named in honour of the late Tony Sale, acclaimed for his work rebuilding Colossus.
"Sale led the team that rebuilt the Colossus computer. He also helped start the campaign to save Bletchley Park, found The National Museum of Computing and establish the Computer Conservation Society," posted Lynette Webb, Senior Manager, External Relations.
(Photo thanks to The National Museum of Computing)
The award will be managed by the UK's Computing Conservation Society (CCS).
Google is also "inviting entries from any individual or group worldwide who has made a demonstrable contribution to preserving the world's computing heritage, and whose work is (or could be put) on public display."
Nominations close at end-July.
For further details and application forms can be found at the CCS's website.