A new Gmail app for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices released today, is designed to be fast, efficient and take full advantage of the touchscreen and notification capabilities of your device, announced Matthew Izatt, Product Manager.
Addin he said, "We've combined your favorite features from the Gmail mobile web app and iOS into one app so you can be more productive on the go."
Here are the features of Gmail app for iOS:
Gmail app for iPhone included following time-saving features:
- Get alerted to new messages with push notifications and sounds
- Find an email in seconds with search across your entire inbox
- Autocomplete email addresses from your Gmail contacts or select from your device's address book
- Upload photos with a click using the new attachment button in compose view
- On iPad, navigate your inbox and read your mail simultaneously with split view
The new Gmail app helps organize your mail so you don't have to go wading through your inbox to find that key message from your boss or loved one:
- Focus on your important messages first with Priority Inbox
- Quickly scan countless emails on the same subject with threaded conversations
- Organize your mail by archiving, labelling, starring, deleting and reporting spam
Threaded conversations on the iPad
And, the optimized interface lets you perform common actions in Gmail with the lightest touch:
- Pull down your inbox to rapidly refresh if you're eager for new mail
- Swipe right to view your labels without ever leaving your inbox
- Swiftly scroll through dozens of emails just by sliding your finger
It is available in the App Store today and works on all devices running iOS 4+.
For more information, check out the help center article.