Google today begin rolling out an updated version of Gmail Contacts that makes it easier to use, organize and edit your work contacts in Gmail.
In addition to all of the improvements made to Contacts for individual users, Google's working on bringing additional, business-specific features to help you and your colleagues get in touch with contacts more easily.
Google Apps admins, can enable the new Contacts interface in Gmail for your users from the Service Settings > Contacts area of the next generation administrative control panel. It may take up to an hour for users to see the difference once you make the change.
Now, you can:
- Add new contact information that'll default to "Work" instead of "Home" field types
- View contact details from the domain directory together with the contact details that you've added yourself
- Add contacts from the domain directory to your "My Contacts" list in a single click
- Manage groups more easily by quickly adding email addresses to groups, and picking from a contact's multiple email addresses to use on a group-by-group basis
- Revert changes to your Contacts for up to 30 days in case you need to restore deleted or merged contacts, or undo an import