Google has earlier this week released a new updated Gmail app for iOS, complete with mobile alerts for new mail, a responsive touch screen interface and Gmail mainstays like fast search, conversation view and address auto-complete.
The new app also include multiple account support, customizations like improved notifications and mobile specific signatures.
The team notifies of having improved of handling of image HTML messages - they are now sized to fit to the screen and you can pinch to zoom in.
With the Gmail app, you can:
- Receive notification badges for new messages
- Read your mail with threaded conversations
- Organize your mail by archiving, labeling, starring, deleting, and reporting spam
- Keep track of important messages with priority inbox
- Auto-complete contact names as you type
- Send and receive attachments
- Search through all your mail
You can download the Gmail app for your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, from the iTunes App Store.