Kalem Fletcher floated a new venture called Swamii.com, which is a customizable search engine that gives users updates on any Web-related activity around a given search parameter. Swamii is a personal, free-to-use service that saves you the hassle of always searching for the same things. You tell us what you are interested in and we'll tell you when we find any new stuff related to those interests. Swamii monitors the web, newspapers, peer-to-peer networks, the TV guide and more...
- Keeping track of a current event as it unfolds
- Getting an alert when anything with William Shatner in it is going to be on TV (Shatz is the new Hoff)
- Being notified when a new Justin Timberlake video clips surfaces on YouTube or Grouper
- Watching for that rare collectible Backstreet Boys LP you've always wanted to come up for sale (we just love their soulful harmonies and melodic ballads)
- Searching for news on your geeky interest... you know, the one that everyone at work always mentions that you missed too late - "oh, did you see that article on rare, blue stamps yesterday? It was great!"
- Get all the news for a particular subject in one place
Users can set as many as 10 keywords or key searches that they’d like to get updates. Swamii will perform the searches regularly and give results, flushed out by news, blogs, peer to peer sites, web videos and multimedia, television, and job pages. Users can login to see updates on their set searches or have them emailed at a given time interval.