The Games Hub in Mango now comes with many of the features previously found in the popular Xbox LIVE Extras app, such as 3D avatars with fun animations, a new Collection view, and more. Here's a rundown of the changes:
Improved Collection view
In Mango, games are neatly organized in the same familiar alphabetical list view as your apps--icon on the left, name on the right. Once you've amassed more than 20 games--something that can happen pretty quickly on this Xbox-friendly phone--finding titles you play frequently can become a chore, requiring multiple swipes.
To quickly and easily get back to recently-played games, in Mango, a new Recent category is introduces. When your collection exceeds 20 games, the last three titles you've played now appear right up top, so you can get to favorites faster.
New 3D avatars with attitude
In Mango, 3D avatars are fully integrated into the Games Hub. Avatars on the phone are also now more playful: They wave at you, yawn, and perform a host of other actions. Shake your phone and your avatar dances--or even faints.
Better Xbox LIVE experience
Features previously found in the Xbox LIVE Extras app are now built into the Games Hub, include:
- Improved Xbox LIVE messaging: Read and reply to Xbox LIVE messages sent from another WP, a PC, or an Xbox console. Also added more avatar delighters here. If a message contains certain emoticons (e.g. , ), you'll notice your avatar's expression change to reflect that emotion! (If a sender overloads a message with conflicting emoticons, your avatar will look bewildered.)
- Connect with Xbox LIVE friends: Find out if your Xbox LIVE friends are currently online through the friend status view. You can also search, browse, initiate, and respond to friend requests right from your WP7.
- Integrated achievements and new comparison views: See the recent games your friends have been playing, and compare gamerscores and achievements for all Xbox LIVE games played on the phone, console, or PC.
- Edit your profile:Now you can update your name, bio, motto, and location right from the phone.
- Improved Spotlight content: Improved the news and info delivered to you via Spotlight in the Games Hub. Your window to Xbox LIVE community will now be complemented with rich and vibrant images!
- Improved game request notifications: In Mango, you'll receive notifications for multiplayer game or turn requests and can track them in the Requests section of the Games Hub.
[Source: windows Phone blog]