FuelMyBlog, lauched in Dec’06 with an initial interest to allow the founders to find blogs easier is grown and matured as an online blogging community to allow bloggers to publicise their own blogs for free, have visitors vote for them, and get traffic.
Kevin Dixie, CEO and founder says: “I came up with the idea after writing my own blog and wanted to find a site that brought bloggers together and enabled easy reading within a couple of clicks. I always thought of blogs as just online diaries and never realised there was so much good creative content in the blogosphere. Re-launch feedback has been very positive and we have been very encouraged by the buzz generated in the blogosphere.”
- You can add your blog and an image
- Vote for ("fuel this blog") other blogs that you like to read
- Introduce yourself, chat and discuss issues on our forum
- Take part in our radio show
- Find more readers for your blog
Apart from the above: the site also features “Blog of the day”. Blog of the day is the most voted blog on the previous day, as voted by visitors.
Every blog has two vote counts, votes today and votes to date. Votes today are zero'd at midnight GMT everyday, this enables everyone the chance to get on the front page. Votes to date will keep accumulating and get you on the hall of fame.
How do you participate?
- Click the "add your blog" link. Fill in all boxes, ensure your blog image is either a Jpg or Gif and is less than 100x100 pixels.
- Once approved by the FuelMyBlog team, you’ll be required to add the widget code to your blog to allow visitors to vote for you.
- That’s it!
Note: Be careful, while feeding you blog info, ‘coz the system doesn’t let you edit your details at this moment. Instead, you will need to email any changes including your blog URL to email@example.com.