foursquare's new "notification tray" is launched today for Android-iverse, allow you in one organized place, to see more of what's going on in your friends' lives.
Even if you're not checking in, the new notification tray is a great reason to open the app or visit foursquare.com. It helps you keep up on everything. It keeps you posted when things happen, said foursqure. It includes:
- a friend comments on one of your check-ins;
- there are new comments or photos on a check-in you’ve commented on;
- your friend does one of the Tips you’ve left;
- you and a friend both have the same place on your To-Do List;
- a place you’re at starts swarming;
- one of your Facebook friends joins foursquare; and,
- you’re ousted as Mayor (boo!).
The company also added some controls over these notifications. "On your Android phone, just go to your settings and you can flip on and off any one you want, and the same is true of settings on the web. Also introducing a new mute button, so you can turn off notifications for an hour, or until the next morning," explained foursquare.
The iPhone and BlackBerry versions will soon be available. In the meatime, you can head over to foursquare.com to see what it's all about (just click on "notifications").
You can download updated foursquare app from Android Market.