The most-missed feature on Foursquare: the ability to switch between nearby check-ins and all activity is now available on the location-based social networking site.
"Some people use foursquare to keep up with all of their friends, but sometimes you just want to know what's going on in your city," said 4sq.
In addition, 4sq also made small design tweaks, fixed some bugs, and done a bunch of under the hood tuning to make things faster and more intuitive.
The updates for BlackBerry and iPhone will be rolling out today.
"To switch between the two views on iPhone, just drag the screen down on your friends tab. On BlackBerry devices, you can now tap the friends icon to switch between the two views," explainsipip 4sq.
Android, yours is coming soon!
Do you know all the ins and outs of your campus? 4sq is seeking active foursquare users who are well-connected to student life at their schools to help us grow the foursquare community among colleges and universities as "campus ambassadors."
"Campus ambassadors are volunteers and advocates who work to spread the good word of foursquare around their colleges and universities. While we do not offer monetary compensation, we do provide all our ambassador rockstars with swagalicious goods and the resources needed to host events and promote foursquare within their communities," the company wrote.
Key responsibilities include:
- "Telling everybody and anybody on campus about foursquare
- Acting as a liaison between your university administration and foursquare and communicating with both regularly
- Onboarding student groups and helping them create pages, events, etc.
- Reaching out to local businesses and assisting them in claiming locations and running specials
- Keeping campus venues clean and tidy with your magical Superuser powers!
- Completing our special 'missions' to increase enthusiasm for foursquare around campus," informs 4sq.