Foursquare was created with a core set of 16 badges, designed to reward and motivate all of you. "Starting today, there's a new Trophy Case to house all these badges, and a Partner Badge program to create even more. When you visit Trophy Case (just click "Badges" in the navigation bar), you'll see all your unlocked badges on a shiny new page."
It's got two sections to navigate: "» foursquare badges are the core set that everyone can unlock » partner badges come from organizations like: New York Times and CNN. These badges have a distinct shape and unlocking them requires that you follow a brand or attend an event."
In the Trophy Case, you'll also get a clearer picture of how many badges you've unlocked, and which of your friends have unlocked each of them.
To help fill out your Trophy Case, foursquare worked with a bunch of partners to pilot the new Partner Badge program. To start unlocking badges, follow these guys:
- American Red Cross -- go donate blood; each donation center has unlock instructions
- Ellen! -- over coming months, a series of Ellen badges are available that you can unlock by following her and doing Ellen-esque things
- RadioShack - - follow them, unlock the badge, and earn big discounts on your holiday shopping.
- People Magazine -- People's Sexiest Man Alive badge rewards you for following in the footsteps of the world's sexiest men.
- MoMA -- Follow the New York Museum of Modern Art, take in some culture, and unlock their badge for discounts on MoMA memberships.