Starting this week, foursquare Specials will now include "Deals" - deep discounts that you buy ahead of time - from five new amazing companies (listed below) available on BlackBerry, Android, and iPhone, and in the US, UK, Ireland, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. There're a couple awesome things about these new Specials:
- "We help you discover the deals that are right for you
We now run all Specials through our personalized Explore tab. As a result, you only see Specials that're right for you, and you also see why they're right for you (for instance, if two of your friends have been there).
- A totally seamless purchase experience
If you're walking around and see a Special you like, a couple taps in your app and you'll be able to buy it, all without leaving foursquare. And if you find a good Special while browsing on foursquare.com, you can buy it there, too," foursquare stated.
The companies include:
- LivingSocial, with their handpicked experiences that you can share with friends, all over the world;
- Gilt City, which unlocks insider access to the best of your city, like exclusive menus and tickets to sold-out shows;
- zozi, focusing exclusively on unique experiences and activities like moonlight kayaking, cycling and wine tasting, and shark diving;
- BuyWithMe, for discovering the best experiences in 13 cities across the U.S.; and,
- AT&T Interactive (Deal of the Day from YP.com), with over 50% off their daily deals for real life in Atlanta, Dallas/Ft. Worth, and Los Angeles.