This Saturday, Foursquare is hosting their first ever hackathon.
"The idea behind the hackathon is to get a bunch of smart people in a room for a day and have them build amazing things using the foursquare API. That's why we built our API, that's why we love the hundreds of apps that are built atop it, and that's why we have a crazy wish list of things we'd like to see come out of this. Given how quickly the event filled up, it seems that you guys are pretty excited, too!," stated Foursquare.
foursquare's first hack day will be held at General Assembly in New York City.
What to bring
- Bring your laptop, power cables (and any other tools you use to hack)
- We'll provide: food, drinks, power, wifi, space, people to answer your hardest questions
- 9:00am Breakfast + Registration
- 10:00 Welcome, overview of day, API elevator pitches
- 11:00 Hacking begins
- 11:00 30-minute API workshops
- 12:30pm Lunch
- 1:00 30-minute API workshops
- 6:30 Dinner
- 9:00 Hacking finished
- 9:15 Deadline to submit a hack
- 10:00 Demos, judging, beer