With foursquare 3.0, the company has overhauled everything: an all-new analytics dashboard with all your venue's information; a new Specials management system allowing you to run multiple Specials at any venues you manage; and before, during, and after the campaign you can now see aggregate statistics.
foursquare 3.0 introduces new flavors of Specials that merchants can take advantage of:
- Flash Specials are the typical door buster deals -- to the first people who arrive after a certain time. For instance, Sports Authority is running a Flash Special from 3/11 to 4/9. Each store randomly unlocks on one day for the first to check-in after 11am to score a free gift card, up to $500 in value.
- Friends Special, now businesses can reward you all for checking in together. H&M is running an amazing Friends Special: check in with three foursquare friends and get 24% off any item.
- Swarm Specials, now businesses can reward folks who check in at a location in large groups. For e.g., when you go to one of over 500 Applebee's restaurants nationwide you can take advantage of their Swarm Special with everyone in the Swarm getting free mozzarella sticks if 5 people check in after 9pm.
- Newbie Specials is a way for businesses to entice new customers to give them a try. Starting this Friday, Radio Shack is offering 20% to all customers who check in for the first time at any of the over five thousand locations nationwide.
- Check-in, Frequency, and Loyalty Specials: Some businesses want Specials that're all about loyalty. For some businesses, they'll set a Special to unlock at every check-in. For others, its like a coffee shop punchcard where you might get something free on your tenth check-in. For other merchants its about increasing visits -- running a frequency Special inviting those who check in 3 times in 7 days the ability to unlock their Special.
- Mayor Specials for the royalty of foursquare.