Microsoft made available an update of online email protection service Forefront Online Protection for Exchange (FOPE), which makes it easier for customers to manage hybrid email environments. FOPE also provides the email protection solution for the upcoming Office 365 service.
FOPE Release 11.1 Highlights:
- With this new 11.1 release of FOPE, customers get additional e-mail routing flexibility, advanced Transport Layer Security options to ensure secure business communication and greater flexibility in spam filtering to help reduce false positives.
- Manage your hybrid environments: FOPE 11.1, provides additional e-mail routing flexibility for hybrid scenarios between Exchange Online and on-premises Exchange Server mailboxes. Learn more about how the new FOPE connectors enable "smart-host" capabilities.
- Reduce False Positives: You can now set up a trusted mail flow channel with business partners via Skiplisting - a capability that helps reduce False Positives.
- Secure your business channel: Multiple new Transport layer security (TLS) options ensure emails always pass via a secure communication channel.
- Make it easier for partners to manage your security service: FOPE 11.1 allows your IT Partner to manage and administer FOPE for your organization with the new delegated administration experience. Partners are now also provided a consolidated view of all the companies they manage.