Forefront Identity Manager (FIM) 2010 R2 quitely released on June 2, to those with TechNet and MSDN subscriptions. The FIM 2010 R2, will be available on all license channels within a week, Microsoft promises.
FIM is Microsoft's digital-identity-management product that integrates with Active Directory and Exchange Server. It is the successor to the Microsoft Identity Lifecycle Manager offering (and before that, the Microsoft Identity Integration Server and Certificate Lifecycle Manager products). FIM handles tasks like identity schronization, certificate management, user password resets, user provisioning, etc.
You can read more about the FIM 2010 R2 in the Release Notes.
Also, Microsoft "Roslyn" CTP made available on Download Center, is as an extension to Visual Studio 2010 SP1.
""Roslyn" is a long lead project which we are considering for the post-Visual Studio 11 timeframe. The CTP includes an early preview of the APIs exposed by the C# and Visual Basic compilers, and the Interactive window experience," Microsoft stated.
The Microsoft "Roslyn" CTP previews the new language object models for code generation, analysis, and refactoring, and the upcoming support for scripting and interactive use of C# and Visual Basic.
The CTP installs the following items:
- Visual Studio Project Templates help you get started using the Roslyn APIs and building new Visual Studio extensions.
- Reference Assemblies can be added to projects via the Add Reference dialog.
- C# Interactive Window: A new tool window called C# Interactive is available in Visual Studio by invoking View -> Other Windows -> C# Interactive from the menu. You can explore by executing snippets of code in the C# Interactive tool window, cumulatively building up execution context as you experiment. In addition to typing directly into the tool window, you can also select code in C# and C# Script (.csx) files and invoke "Execute in Interactive" or "Copy to Interactive" from the context menu.
- C# Script File Editing Support: You can create a new C# Script file by invoking File -> New File -> > Script -> Visual C# Script from the Visual Studio menu. C# Script editing features like IntelliSense are powered by the Roslyn Language Service.
You can download Microsoft "Roslyn" CTP here.
The Release Candidate (RC) version of Microsoft DirectAccess Connectivity Assistant (DCA) 2.0 now available rovides the following functionality:
- Provides DirectAccess users with connectivity information. Users can view their DirectAccess connectivity status at all times.
- Provides diagnostics and troubleshooting features. DCA 2.0 RC provides tools to help users reconnect if problems arise, and create diagnostics to provide IT administrators with troubleshooting information.
- Supports one-time password (OTP) authentication for DirectAccess users required to authenticate using OTP.
DCA 2.0 can be used by computers running Windows 7 when connecting to internal corporate networks with DirectAccess in Windows Server 2012 RC. It improves the DirectAccess connection experience, supports one-time password (OTP) authentication for DirectAccess users and helps organizations reduce the cost of supporting DirectAccess users.
Download DCA 2.0 RC here.
Rapid Implementation Tools for Microsoft Microsoft Dynamics GP 10 and Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 include two tools designed to shorten deployment time and enable greater Partner productivity by reducing the time required for routine implementation tasks. These tools are also designed to work with the Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step Methodology.
Rapid Migration Tool for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010
- QuickBooks Pro (2003 - 2012), Premier (2003 - 2012) and Enterprise (3.0 - 12.0)
- Peachtree (2009 - 2012) versions of Pro, Complete and Premium
Rapid Migration Tool for Microsoft Dynamics GP 10
- QuickBooks Pro (2003 - 2008), Premier (2003 - 2008) and Enterprise (3.0 - 8.0)
- Peachtree (2009 - 2010) versions of Pro, Complete and Premium
Those using the tool will benefit from the tool's ability to efficiently migrate the following data:
- Master Records: Accounts (including opening balances), Customers, Vendors, Items, Employees
- Open Transactions*: Sales Orders, Purchase Orders, Payables, Receivables, Inventory (including inventory levels)
- Configuration Settings: Company Address, Customer Type, Payment Terms, Shipping Methods, Sales Tax, Vendor Type, Fiscal Years
Download Rapid Implementation Tools for Microsoft Dynamics GP here.