Google Flight Search, as on January 31, now let travelers plan trips for their entire family-- with the new added support for multiple passengers.
"Our goal is to make planning and booking travel as fast and enjoyable as possible -- whether you're traveling alone, with a friend or with your entire family. Starting today, we're adding support for multiple passengers, as well as children and infants," informs Google.
All you need to do is just select the number and type of passengers you want to bring along. "Your price will be updated, instantly. Then click on the "Book" button to conveniently complete your booking with our partners," google adds.
Additionally, Google's search lets you restrict the results to a certain time range. Just click "search tools" below the search box, then click "any time" and select "custom range" from the list.
Although, Google's calendar widget can be used to pick the dates, but using tips below helps enter dates faster:
- Enter "2011" in the "from" field, instead of "1/1/2011".
- Enter "3/2011" or "March 2011" in the "from" field, instead of "3/1/2011" (or "1/3/2011", depending on your country).
- Enter "2011" in the "to" field, instead of "12/31/2011" (or "31/12/2011", depending on your country).
- Enter "3/2011" or "March 2011" in the "to" field, instead of "3/31/2011" (or "31/3/2011", depending on your country).
- To restrict the results to pages from 2011, enter "2011" in the "from" and "to" fields.
- To restrict the results to pages from March 2011, enter "3/2011" in the "from" and "to" fields.
- Leave the "to" field empty instead of entering today's date.
- Leave the "from" field empty to find pages created before the day entered in the "to" field.
In other Google news, YouTube is changing the channel count views and fixing some problems with counts on individual videos.
Your channel views will reflect what people can watch: YouTube recently changed the display of total views on a channel. "We're transitioning to only displaying the total views of videos that are publicly available on the channel. So if you've deleted videos or made them private or unlisted, those views have been (or soon will be) removed from your channel total," informs YouTube.
YouTube is also fixing bugs that caused spike in views from mobile devices on Jan. 11-15, 2013. "That was a bug on our end, and we're going to fix that today on the video page, and you'll see the correct view counts in YouTube Analytics over the next few days," the team said.
"You may also have noticed that some of your video views look low for Jan. 25-27, compared with the number of comments, shares, and likes on your videos. That was due to a one-time error in how we verify legitimate views, and we're going to restore those views over the next several days," the team adds.