Flickr mobile app for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad, update now lets you mention your friends, download your photos, faster uploads and more!
You can now mention your friends right from the app. Start by typing in the @ sign, and then simply select one of your Flickr contacts to mention them in a title, description or comment. Your friends will then be notified.
To download photos in the largest available resolution from Flickr, just tap the share icon on any of your photos and tap "Save Photo".
In addition, the optimized uploads making it much faster to upload from the Flickr app, as the uploading now start in the background while you think about the photo's title or where you want to share it to.
Additionally, photos that you take with the Flickr camera are now immediately saved to camera roll and are displayed in higher resolution in the lightbox view.
Flickr also now lets you take photos in a snap by using your iPhone's volume up button.
List of features in version 2.10.803:
- "Faster uploading
- Easily save photos from your Photostream to your camera roll
- Automatically saves your original, pre-filter photos to your camera roll
- Quickly tag your contacts in photo comments and description by simply typing @screename
- Get notified when your contacts mention you
- Higher resolution photo display in lightbox view so your photos look even more stunning
- Take photos in a snap using your iPhone's volume up button."
Grab the updated iPhone App from iTunes App Store.