It appears that Alexa has shut off their traffic graphs on all the websites of the world, with the exception of their own, Alexa.com. The sadly ironic part of this is that they’ve apparently broken their own widgets, too — all in an effort to shut down Statsaholic.
If you’re tired of seeing white boxes where the pretty graphs used to be, and you’d like to remedy the situation, all it takes is Firefox and a quick, easy, 10-second fix. Here’s what you do:
- Make sure you’re using Firefox v2 (this may work with Firefox v1, but I haven’t tested)
- Type “about:config” in the address (url) field, and hit Enter
- Find the “network.http.sendRefererHeader” property by typing “refer” into the Filter: field
- Double-click that property, and set its integer value to “0” in the prompt.
- You’re done! Go back to Statsaholic and see the graphs in all their glory.
Source:Ron HornbakerTips, Tweaks, Fix, Alexa, Block, Referer, Graphs, Statsaholic, Firefox