Apple's iPad 2.0 is on its way, and now a Chinese language newspaper is reporting industry sources who claim Apple will add five new features to see in the next-generation of Apple's iPad 2 tablet device:
- Video phone feature likely means Apple will be fielding front and rear video cameras, most likely made by Omnivision, as recent reports claimed.
- New display technology seems set to be thinner, lighter and more pliable.
- 3-axis gyroscope could this mean 9.7-inch 'Gorilla Glass' and a Retina Display? The reports do suggest this, saying it'll "enhance image and color output performance."
- 'Better mobility' could simply suggest Apple will be using new materials technology to make the device lighter. But it could also be grist to the mill of recent speculation on part of Wedge Partners analyst Brian Blair expects Apple will introduce a "World iPad" based on one of Qualcomm's multimode CDMA-GSM chips. An iPad you could take anywhere.
- USB -- The final slice of speculation from out of Apple's supply chain -- Apple will deploy mini-USB for connection and sync of the device.