AdWords Editor is a free app for managing and making mass changes to your AdWords account. The program allows you to download your account, edit your campaigns offline, and upload the edits live in your account. Here're five key features to know:
- Use advanced search to find what you're looking for. Click link at the top right of Editor, and choose from more than 30 criteria. You can also use advanced search to view performance over selected time periods. Choose one to two performance metrics to filter results, like clickthrough rate and conversion rate to identify areas to either delete or optimize.
- Find Duplicate Keywords feature from Tools menu identify duplicate keywords across the account. You can either look within ad group or across ad groups or campaigns. When duplicates are displayed, there'll be a button beside the tabbed navigation called "Select Duplicates By" which allows you to highlight instances based on different criteria. If there's no difference between keywords (in terms of bids, etc.), you can hit "Order of Appearance > First" and then "Delete" button underneath tabs.
- Use "Advanced Bid Changes" to make mass changes to keyword bids. This's located as a small link at the bottom of Keywords, Placements, & Ad Groups tabs.
Use "Advanced URL Changes" to update display or destination URLs.
- Replace Text tool helps you change misspelled words in your ads, or update your donation related keywords, in seconds.
- To share, the most common and easiest is AES file that clearly shows all changes in bold when the person imports file into AdWords Editor to view it. They would save the file to their computer, then go to File > Import Account Snapshot, and choose the file. Keep in mind that "Keep proposed changes" does NOT make changes to live account, and they can make any further changes they like.
If they can't use Editor, you can send HTML version, CSV is also an option.
To export File > Export Changes For Sharing (AES), and then choose ad groups, campaign or campaigns you want to share. Also, it's important that when you're collaborating on an account, both are using most current view of the account. For the most recent version, Click Get Recent Changes > All campaigns.