Microsoft shipped the next Community Technology Preview (CTP) for Visual Studio 2012 and Team Foundation Server 2012 Update 2.
“In this CTP, we have identified a small set of “early adopters” who we’ll hand hold through a go-live experience on this CTP. The next CTP we ship will be a broad go-live release” Microsoft stated.
“In Visual Studio 2012 Update 2 we are focusing on Modern Application Lifecycle and Modern App Development,” added Microsoft.
ALM Features in this CTP:
- “Fakes now available in Visual Studio Premium
- Coded user interface testing support for Internet Explorer 10 on Windows 7
- Ability to clone test cases in Microsoft Test Manager
- Enable adding attachments to test outcomes in web based test case management
- Enable pausing and resuming test execution in web based test case management,” informs Microsoft.
The CTP Can be downloaded here.
Microsoft also announced support changes for the following releases that include: Configuration Manager 2007 Supported Configurations and System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Supported Configurations within the next month.
- “Configuration Manager 2007 and System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1 now support Microsoft SQL Server 2012 SP1.
For Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 and R3, hotfix KB2676776 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2676776 is required.
- Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010 (FEP 2010) now supports SQL Server 2012 SP1.
To use SQL Server 2012 SP1 with Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010, you must upgrade the existing instance of SQL Server from SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2008 R2 or SQL Server 2012. It is not supported to install new Forefront Endpoint Protection components on an existing or new instance of SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2012 SP1.
- System Center Security Monitoring Pack for Endpoint Protection now supports System Center 2012 Operations Manager SP1,” informsMicrosoft We’ve just shipped the next Community Technology Preview (CTP) for VS and TFS Update 2. Microsoft.
Update 02/15: Microsoft released Message Queuing (MSMQ) Management Pack. “MSMQ is a server application that enables applications to communicate across heterogeneous networks and systems that may be temporarily offline or otherwise inaccessible.”
“Instead of an application communicating with a service on another computer, it sends its information to Message Queuing, which sends the information to a Message Queuing service on the target computer where it is made available to the other application. Message Queuing provides guaranteed delivery, efficient routing, security, and priority based messaging,” the company explains.
Download MSMQ here.
Update 02/16:Windows MultiPoint Server 2012 Update Rollup 1 and Zero Client Drivers now available for download in a blog post Microsoft has announced that WMS 2012 UR1 has been signed off.”
Adding, that customers are recommended to apply this as it has some changes that increase general system stability. But most importantly “it adds support for USB-Over-Ethernet Zero clients.”
UR1 will soon appear as Windows Update, and it can also be downloaded here.
And, the Evaluation WMS 2012 Zero Client drivers are available for download from the MultiPoint Server Connect site.
Also, released today, is the “February 2013 Downloadable Documentation for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager.”
“The downloadable files contain the product documentation for Configuration Manager with no service pack and for Configuration Manager with Service Pack 1. You can choose from three different formats: Chm (help file); Docx (Word file); and PDF.”
Grab Technical Documentation Download for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager here.
Downloadable Chm – Help Update Wizard.