Exchange 2007 SP1 is now in beta for MSDN and TechNet Plus subscribers and there is a lot to love from a mobile standpoint. Policies, S/MIME, default settings, remote wipe confirmation and bandwidth reduction are all part of SP1. Take a look at the list below.
- New Policies – We've added a ton of new policies. Look for an upcoming post for details.
- Bandwidth reductions – Less round trips and less data transferred while maintaining functionality.
- S/MIME support – S/MIME has been added and has backward support for WM 5 + MSFP. We have not only added S/MIME but there is now policy control around the use of S/MIME.
- Sync State Upgrade for Migrations – Allows users to maintain their setting while their mailbox is transitioned from Exchange 2K3 to Exchange 2K7 (no need to re-sync to the new server).
- Default Policy Support – A default policy can now be set so administrators don't have to apply the policy to each user or write a script to iterate though users.
- Cancel Remote Wipe – Canceling remote device memory/storage wipes is now available in OWA and though Exchange Management Console.
For the record, there is corresponding client work that needs to be done to fully deliver this functionality to end user.
And while we are talking about EAS, several protocol licensees have recently mad announcements...
Microsoft, Exchange Server 2007, Exchange Server 2007 SP1 Beta 2, Activesync, Mobility