ESET, a global provider of antivirus software, today announced a release of its new online scanning service. Powered by award-winning ESET NOD32 Antivirus software, ESET Online Scanner is a free Web-based service that enables computer users to perform a comprehensive system scan to check for and clean viruses, spyware, and other malware—without uninstalling their existing antivirus solution.
“It’s a pleasure for us to offer the public the power of NOD32 in our new Online Scanner service,” said Miroslav Trnka, co-founder and CTO of ESET. “ESET believes in empowering users to make the best AV buying decision, and we’ve offered free 30-day trial licenses for many years that include full product functionality. While it doesn’t replace the trial version, the new Web scanner takes this try-before-you-buy philosophy a step further by allowing users to test our product in real-time without removing their existing protection.”
ESET Online Scanner Benefits:
- Fast and Easy-Use: The scanner is installed and activated by a single button
- Always Up-to-Date: Uses the most current threat signatures and heuristic detection algorithms available from ESET Threat Lab
- Comprehensive Malware Detection: Detects both know and unknown forms of malware, including viruses, worms, Trojans, phishing, and spyware
- Deep Scans: Scans inside archive files, runtime packed executables and email messages
- Cleaning: Cleans systems that were infected while running another antivirus solution and allows end-users to troubleshoot and repair many malware-related problems
- Anonymity: The Online Scanner can be used anonymously as contact information is not required in exchange for use of the service.
ESET Online Scanner requires the following minimum system components:
- 133MHz Intel™ Pentium™ processor or equivalent
- 32MB of RAM
- At least 15MB of available disk space
- Microsoft Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003 and Windows Vista
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) 5.0 or later
ESET, NOD32, Online Scanner, Anti-virus, Antivirus, Betas, New Startup