Entity Framework in .NET 4 has a lot of new features and enhancements. Let’s take a look at some of the things coming in new with Entity Framework 4.
- Foreign Keys associations allow you to include foreign key properties on your entities, simplifying a number of key scenarios including data binding and n-tier development.
- Lazy Loading Support
- Plain Old CLR Object Support offers better test-driven development and domain-driven design support by allowing you to have no EF dependencies for your entities.
- Text Template Transformation Toolkit Code Generation, or T4, makes customizing code generation easy, flexible and powerful.
- Better N-Tier Support design allows you to separate data, business logic, and interaction layers to ensure data integrity and promote maintainability at each tier.
- Generated SQL Improvements
- Enhanced Stored Procedure Support
More info: Entity Framework in .NET 4