DoubleClick Search V3 (DS3)! has now received Engine Account Management feature, that let you add and manage engine accounts under existing advertisers, and also edit the names of existing advertisers.
You need to be an agency manager to have access.
Also, DS3 has released following new features:
- Keyword bid history: View the bid changes for keywords over a period of time. You can see who made each bid change, when, and by how much. Look for an in-depth blog post on this new feature in the coming days.
- New algorithm for Floodlight Tag bid strategies: The new algorithm for Floodlight Tag bidding has launched! The new algorithm maximizes your return while hitting your Floodlight tag-level goals more accurately.
- Multiple email addresses for reports: Specify more than one email address to send downloaded or scheduled reports.
- Download Excel-compatible CSV files: Download reports in CSV files that are in an Excel-compatible (UTF-16) format, and upload files of this type back into DS3.
Before you can add "engine accounts," you need to access the settings page for the advertiser. On this page, you'll see:
- "The DS3 advertiser's name and currency.
- The ID, name, and network ID of the DFA advertiser that the DS3 advertiser is mapped to.
- The engine accounts that are currently under the DS3 advertiser," DS team said.
Follow these steps to see the advertiser's settings:
- Sign in to DS3. If you've already signed in and selected an advertiser, click the Home icon next to the selected advertiser in the upper lefthand corner.
- If you have access to multiple agencies, select one. The list of advertisers for the agency appears.
- Select the advertiser from the list. The Campaigns page for that advertiser appears.
- Near the bottom of the left nav, click the Advertiser settings tab (circled in the image below). The advertiser's settings appear, along with a list of its engine accounts.
Add an engine account under the advertiser
"Once you're on the settings page for the advertiser, you can add engine accounts under it. DS3 engine accounts connect DS3 with existing Google AdWords, Microsoft adCenter, Yahoo! Search Marketing, or Other engine accounts.
NOTE: Before you can add a Google AdWords account, you first need to contact support with the AdWords customer ID. Our support team will then email you information to link to a My Client Center (MCC) account for DS3. This step will be automated in a future release," stated DS team.
Follow these steps to add an engine account:
- Click the + New button in the toolbar above the engine accounts table (circled in the image above). The settings panel for the new engine account appears.
- Select the type of engine. DS3 will display engine details based on this selection.
- Name your DS3 account. If you have a naming convention in other systems (e.g., MCC, billing), using the same convention here would help downstream account matching (for auditing or billing).
- Select the date you want the account to be active in the Launch date field.
- Enter the engine details. You'll probably need to access the engine to find these settings. Learn more.
- Click Save. The new engine account will appear in the engine account table. Also, it will be available for selection under the advertiser in the left nav.