Endomondo is a sports community focused on making exercising more fun, more social and more motivating. Android includes great APIs to support adding a social community to an existing application.
Their Endomondo Sports Tracker Android app, uses the device's GPS to measure distance and speed while you are doing your favorite distance-based sport. The result can be shared, commented upon and analysed online within the social Endomondo community.
Your trainer for running, cycling, walking etc:
- Real time GPS tracking of time, distance, speed, & calories
- Audio feedback for every mile or km
- Real time peptalks from friends following you live
- Workout route on a map
- History with lap times & music playlist
- Beat a friend: Go against a friend's personal best
- Compete on a route: Download a route and beat the Champion
- Friend list (NEW)
- Share on Facebook (NEW)
- Heart rate support: Polar Wearlink® + transmitter with Bluetooth® and Zephyr heart rate monitor
- Support for ANT+ Bike Speed & Cadence and heart rate monitor sensors
- Manual entry of workouts
- Auto pause
- Customizable workout screen (long press to change)
- Headset control: Use the headset media button to get audio feedback and pause/resume a workout (wired headset & Android 2.2+)
- Sign up with facebook.
You can download it from Android Market.