By default, Quick Launch bar isn’t available in Windows 7. To open programs quickly, you can drag program icons to taskbar. Microsoft has documented steps necessary to bring back Quick Launch for Windows 7 Taskbar in KB975784.
- Right-click an empty area of taskbar, point to Toolbars, and then click New toolbar.
- In dialog box, copy and then paste following folder name to Folder box, and then click Select Folder: %AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
- Now you see Quick Launch bar with text on rightside of task bar. To hide Quick Launch text and program titles, right-click Quick Launch, clear Show Text and Show title.
- Drag Quick Launch bar to leftside of task bar. If you cannot move Quick Launch bar, right-click taskbar again, and make sure that Lock taskbar option is cleared.
- If you prefer big icons in Quick Launch bar, right-click an empty area of Quick Launch bar, point to View, and then click Large Icons.
- To add a program in Quick Launch bar, drag desired icon to Quick Launch bar.