iOS hackers Conrad and Chpwn tweeted about the hidden panorama setting in iOS5 discovered.
While you can enable it easily by using the jailbreak, a Cydia package called "Firebreak" that will do all the work for you and enables this feature, but unfortunately you need a tethered or semitethered jailbreak for that.
For those who don't jailbreak, Funky Space Monkey posted steps to enable the mode.
- "Download iBackupBot from the official website. ( Mac and Windows )
- Plugin your iPhone and back it up via iTunes
- Open iBackupBot and find the backup that you just made via iTunes. Select and load it.
- Find Library/Preferences/com.apple.mobileslideshow.plist
- Now you need to add a key to this .plist file. Open the file ( on mac, it just works *wink, wink* ) and near the bottom, add a key ( enableFirebreak ) and a string ( YES )
- Save your modifications, and right from iBackupBot restore your iPhone with the modified iTunes backup," explains Funky Space Monkey
- That's it. Open your camera app, tap on options and there it is.