If you're looking for ways to use AirPrint on an iPhone 3G and a second-generation iPod touch. Here're two options for you: First is, using an AppleScript that does the job for you.
"AirPrint to unlock a file only needs to be generated with one line of text in the directory / usr / share / cups / mime stored. In this case no system files are changed, which's ever quite positive. The line is: image/urf urf (0,UNIRAST<00>)" -- [Download: Script].
The second workaround involves using Redsn0w 0.9.6b3. Here're the steps:
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.6b3 -- Windows | Mac OS X
- Download iOS 4.2.1 original firmware.
- Connect your device into your computer via USB and launch Redsn0w you download in step 1. Click on browse and point it to the original iOS 4.2.1 firmware of your device and wait while it's recognized.
- Now you've to check on Enable Multitasking, other items are optional.
- Put your iPhone into DFU mode by following the instructions on the screen:
- Hold down the Power button for 5 seconds.
- Without releasing the Power button, also hold Home buttons together for 10 seconds.
- Now release the Power button but keep holding the Home button for 15 seconds.
- Once done, your iPhone will be rebooted and you'll get AirPrint on iPhone 3G ad iPod touch 2G.