Google Drive Android app now allow users to edit Google Sheets (formerly spreadsheets) on mobile device, just like Google Docs. From the Drive app on Android device, "you can now create a new spreadsheet or edit an existing one. You can switch fonts, resize columns, sort data, and more," informs google.
And, you'll also be able to see other people's edits in real time as they're made.
Beyond spreadsheets, Google also made a few other tweaks to the Drive app, including "better text formatting when you paste from one Google document to another. And from your Android device, you can edit text within tables in documents and add a shortcut on the homescreen of your device to any specific file in Drive."
Get the Google Drive app on Google Play store.
Features of the updated Drive app inlcude:
- "Edit Google spreadsheets in new native editor
- Edit contents of tables in Google Docs editor
- Formatting is maintained when copy/pasting within Google Docs
- Single tap to enter edit mode in Google Docs editor
- Add a shortcut to Drive files/folders to your homescreen for quick access
- Send Link now supports copying link to clipboard," google wrote.
Other Drive app for Android features include:
- "Store all your files in one place, so you can access them from anywhere and share them with others
- Use the Drive Android app to access your photos, documents, videos and other files stored on your Google Drive
- Upload files to Google Drive directly from your Android device
- Share any file with your contacts
- Access files others have shared with you on Google Drive
- Make any file available offline so you can access them even when you don't have an Internet connection
- Manage files on the go
- Create and edit Google documents with support for tables, comments and rich text formatting
- Create and edit Google spreadsheets with support for text formatting, multiple sheets and sorting
- Edits to your Google documents and spreadsheets appear to collaborators in seconds
- View Google presentations with full animations and speaker notes
- View your PDFs, Office documents and more
- Upload and convert files to the Google Docs format
- Take a photo of printed text and convert it to Google Docs format
- Print files stored in Google Drive on the go using Google Cloud Print
- Open files stored in Google Drive through Drive enabled apps in the browser."
Google Offers to help you save during the holidays launched a new revamped site making it easier to discover great offers from the brands.
"Google Offers are now presented in ten popular categories, including food & drink, shopping and travel, to help you quickly discover great deals that match your interests and needs," google wrote.
In addition to offers that can be purchased immediately, "you can now discover and save over thousands of offers from both national and local merchants."
You don't need to be at your desktop, "simply use Google Maps for Android while you are on the go to find and save offers near you. Then quickly redeem your offer by showing it to the merchant on your phone -- eliminating the need to fumble around in your purse or pockets, looking for that elusive paper coupon," google added.
Browse through the categories on the Offers site to find offers relevant to you:
Save and quickly redeem the offer directly on your Android device:
Fianlly, to help businesses reach new customers this during holidays season, Google now has a special offer for new AdWords Express users in the U.S.
"If you sign up for AdWords Express before December 16, 2012, you'll receive a free advertising credit in January worth what you spend between now and the end of this year," google announced.
"AdWords Express was launched in July 2011 in the United States, and is now available in 12 additional countries and 9 languages."
Watch these businesses talk about how they use AdWords Express to maximize sales in the busy season:
So, to get started for the holiday season and earn more free advertising credit, visit google.com/adwords/express.