At MMS 2012 about Dynamic Access Control in Windows Server 2012, Josh Heller, Senior Product Manager, shows us some demos of the product. In this interview you’ll learn:
- What does Dynamic Access Control (DAC) do?
- How does it relate to NTFS permissions?
- Can DAC be retro-fitted for existing environments or does it need to be net new?
- How are the permissions dynamically applied to the files and shares?
- How can we automatically classify information for the files?
- What are the enhancements made from File Classification Infrastructure in Windows Server 2008 R2?
At [02:49] Josh gives us a demo of Dynamic Access Control showing someone accessing a file share she doesn’t have access to and then in a new streamlined way gain access to the file share.
At [07:08] We also see some of the administrative back end of how some parts of DAC are configured.
Paul Mestemaker, Senior Program Manager (SystemCenterAdvisor.com), shows us some demos of the System Center Advisor product. Specifically, you will learn:
- Online Manageability Tool to manage all sorts of products from the cloud.
- Microsoft Product Support Professionals create rules and links to KB articles with resolution steps
- Products supported by System Center Advisor: SQL Server, Windows Server 2008 and R2, Active Directory, Hyper-V, Exchange 2010, SharePoint 2010, SQL Server 2012.
- Agent based monitoring and configuration with less then 1% cpu overhead
- Multi-User, Multi-Company support for monitoring your systems.
System Center Advisor Demo:
Microsoft SQL Server Data Tools provides an integrated environment for database developers to carry out all their database design work for any SQL Server platform (both on and off premise) within Visual Studio. In this MSDN Live Meeting recording from the Microsoft Belgium office on April 10, 2012, you will learn:
- Connected Database Development
- Project-Oriented Offline Database Development
- Project-Oriented Database Development using Command-Line Tools
- Modern Code and Designers.
Microsoft SQL Server Data Tools:
Windows Server 2012 storage spaces and Hyper-V SMB demo: In the video Michael Leworthy, Senior Product Manager, Windows Server talks about how Storage in Windows Server 2012 will simplify the life of IT Pros and shows how storage has been virtualized for big workloads like Hyper-V and SQL Server.
In this interview you’ll learn: [01:05] Windows Server 2012 Storage Changes; [02:31] Demo of Storage Spaces; [09:12] Hyper-V SMB Storage Demo
System Center Configuration Manager 2012 demo: Deb McFadden, Group Program Manager for System Center Configuration Manager talks about “The State of the Union for SCCM” – a long standing tradition at MMS which covers more of “the outlier” topics not covered anywhere else within MMS.
In this interview you’ll learn [01:44] Four big areas with design changes in SCCM 2012 based on user feedback; [07:39] Server reduction stories from MSIT; [08:27] Smaller shop implementations of SCCM; [09:41] Tips and tricks DEMO with SystemCenter Configuration Manager 2012
Watch more video on next page.