The Windows Server AppFabric v1.1 CTP is the latest update of Windows Server AppFabric, available through Microsoft Download Center. The CTP is a set of integrated technologies that make it easier to build, scale, and manage Web and composite applications that run on IIS.
“Windows Server AppFabric is a set of integrated technologies that make it easier to build, scale, and manage Web and composite applications that run on IIS. Windows Server AppFabric targets applications built using ASP.NET, Windows Communication Foundation (WCF), and Windows Workflow Foundation (WF),” Microsoft stated.
“It provides out-of-the-box capabilities for you to easily build and manage composite applications,” including:
- Enhanced design and development tools in Visual Studio to build rich composite applications
- Management and monitoring of services and workflows via integration with IIS Manager and Windows PowerShell
- Distributed in-memory application cache to improve application performance
Windows Server AppFabric allows developers to build their next-generation composite applications, and for administrators to host and manage them. It integrates technologies previewed as code name “Dublin” and code name “Velocity”.
The following AppFabric Caching features have been added in this CTP release:
- Read-through and write-behind provider support
- Graceful shutdown
- Domain account support
- New ASP.NET session state and output caching providers
- Multiple cache client application configuration sections
You can download Windows Server AppFabric v1.1 CTP here.