Windows Azure Platform PowerShell Cmdlets 2.0 available for download is designed to make deploying and managing your Windows Azure applications simpler.
"The new Windows Azure Platform PowerShell Cmdlets have been updated to improve consistency and ease deployment.
In addition to following changes, several new and powerful cmdlets have been added," stated Michael Washam.
"As part of making the cmdlets more consistent and easier to deploy we have renamed a few cmdlets and enhanced others with the intent of following PowerShell cmdlet design guidelines much closer. From a deployment perspective we have merged the Access Control Service PowerShell Cmdlets with the existing Windows Azure PowerShell Cmdlets to have both in a single installation," Washam said.
Key changes include:
- Improved Support for Hosted Services Management, Affinity Groups, Storage Accounts, Storage and Instance Management.
- Enhanced Diagnostics Support: Manage all aspects of Windows Azure Diagnostics from PowerShell.
- SQL Azure Support: Add/Remove/Update SQL Azure Servers
- Storage Analytics Support: Enable or Disable Storage Analytics for your Storage Account.
- The Access Control Service PowerShell Cmdlets have been merged with the existing Windows Azure PowerShell Cmdlets so you can deploy both in a single installation.
- Some of the cmdlets have been renamed and others have been enhanced in order to follow the PowerShell cmdlets design guidelines more closely.
- The namespaces in the cmdlets solution have undergone substantial change.
You can download Windows Azure Platform PowerShell Cmdlets 2.0 from the CodePlex.
Update: Added video:
The following video webcast introduce many of the new features in the Windows Azure PowerShell Cmdlets 2.0