The Visual Studio Async CTP (Version 3) extends Visual Studio 2010, providing a new, streamlined syntax for asynchronous development is now available for download through Microsoft Download Center.
“The Visual Studio Async CTP combines a new simple and composable pattern for asynchronous APIs, with “await” and “async” language keywords in Visual Basic and C#, that avoids asynchronous code being written inside-out using callbacks. The CTP is a painless install/uninstall on top of Visual Studio 2010 RTM, and comes with plenty of samples and documentation,” reads the description of the CTP.
The original Async CTP from PDC 10 brought asynchronous programming to C# and Visual Basic in Visual Studio 2010. This update brings the following:
- Compatible with Visual Studio 2010 SP1, which is now required.
- Compatible with non-English installations of Visual Studio and with Visual Studio Express.
- Compatible with Silverlight 5.
- Compatible with Windows Phone SDK 7.1 (Mango).
- Compatible with Roslyn CTP
- Includes various bug-fixes and changes, detailed in the Readme and documentation.
- Includes a new EULA for production use. Note – This license does not constitute encouragement for you to use the CTP for your production code. The CTP remains an unsupported and use-at-your-own-risk Technology Preview. However, we’ve received many requests from developers to use the CTP for production code, and so have changed the license to allow that.
You can download the Visual Studio Async CTP (Version 3) here.