The version 2.0 of System Center Service Manager with Exchange is now available through Microsoft Download Center.
As was the case with the initial release of the tool version 1.0 in January this year, IT professionals need to be running Service Manager 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1) and Exchange 2007 SP3 or Exchange 2010 SP1 in order to take advantage of System Center Service Manager – Exchange Connector 2.0.
“The System Center Service Manager – Exchange Connector connects Service Manager to Exchange for processing incoming emails related to incidents and change requests.”
The Exchange Connector 2.0 release is compatible with Service Manager 2010 SP1. It contains the bug fixes and still contains the original set of features including:
- Create incident from email
- Update incident action log from email
- Resolve or close incidents from email
- Approve/reject change requests from email
- Update change request “action log” from email
- Mark manual activities completed from email
- Add email file attachment to work items as attachments
- Send notifications to users from the console
You can download System Center Service Manager – Exchange Connector 2.0 here.