System Center 2012 - Operations Manager Monitoring Packs for UNIX and Linux Operating Systems enable discovering, monitoring (both proactive and reactive), and managing UNIX and Linux computers.
The management packs monitor components such as processes, resources, and server agents -- and also enable the installation of the Audit Collection Services for UNIX/Linux Management Packs.
"The monitoring provided by the management packs includes availability and configuration monitoring, performance data collection, and default thresholds. You can integrate the monitoring of UNIX and Linux components into your service-oriented monitoring scenarios," Microsoft explains.
In addition to health monitoring capabilities, the management packs include reports, diagnostics, tasks, and views that enable near real-time diagnosis and resolution of detected issues.
Features if MP include:
- "Provides monitoring of the AIX 5.3, 6.1, and AIX 7 operating systems.
- Provides monitoring of the HP-UX 11iv2 PA-RISC, HP-UX 11iv2 IA64, HP-UX 11iv3 PA-RISC, and HP-UX 11iv3 IA64 operating systems.
- Provides monitoring of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 4 (x86/x64), Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5 (x86/x64) and Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 6 (x86/x64) operating systems.
- Provides monitoring of Solaris 9 (SPARC), Solaris 10(SPARC and x86), and Solaris 11 (SPARC and x86) operating systems.
- Provides monitoring of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9 (x86), SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1 (x86/x64), and SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86/x64) operating systems.
- Enables the installation of the Audit Collection Services for UNIX/Linux Management Packs," Microsoft informed.